Hi everyone, I hope all is well with you. Today I am coming to you with the Misty Cami by Sew Altered Style.
When Sew Altered style approaches me about joining their Misty Cami Hack tour, I was excited. I have never made a cami before, and I love a good hack. I really appreciate a pattern company who embrace the idea of sewists using their patterns as a stepping stone to their ideal garment.
From Cami to Maxi
I will start off by admitting that I have not been the biggest pdf pattern fan. Printing all of those papers and taping them all together seemed so very tedious. However, I must say, it was not as bad as I thought. It took me about 30 minutes to tape all of the paper together. There was a total of 64 pages.
I knew right after I saw the pattern pieces that I wanted to create a maxi dress, I mean, it is a summer staple. I used view A. I wanted the dress to be fun, feminine, and bright, hence my fabric choice. I used a yellow cotton eyelet that I purchased a while back from Jo-Anns before I was even asked to do this project, talk about fate huh.
To turn the cami I to a maxi dress, I did not have to make many alterations. I just added 10″ to the length of the dress pattern, added a casing to the inside of the dress, and created a double elastic waist just below the bustline. I also liked the fabric rather than do facings as the instructions suggested. Considering the material I used, lining was the best choice.
Thank you guys so very much for taking the time to read my blog post. Go out and support Sew Altered Style, and get this pattern, you will be so very happy to did. Until next time you guys, make what you want to make.